How to Eat Healthy, On a Budget! With Aurum’s Dietitian, Rebecca Minshall, RD
Thursday, May 28, 1-2pm EDT Online. Register Now.
A professional dietitian shares simple strategies on how to eat happily and healthily on a budget.
About this Event
Join Aurum’s licensed Registered Dietitian, Rebecca Minshall, RD as she shares on simple strategies for how to eat a balanced, healthy and enjoyable diet while on a budget.
Learn the basics of what makes up a ‘balanced’ diet, the key building blocks of food, which foods can help you get great “bang for your buck” while still being enjoyable and tasty from the opinion of a nutrition and dietetics professional.
There will be time for questions at the end.
Rebecca is offering this event to our community free of charge.
Donations are welcome.
Learn more about Rebecca and her nutrition and dietetics practice at this link here.
To work with Rebecca one-on-one virtually or in-person, check out her online booking page at this link here.
Skills for Grief, Right Now. Hosted by Lamia Gibson
Wednesday Evenings 7-8pm EDT starting May 27, 2020
During great upheaval, our tender and BIG feelings can overload thoughts and bodies.
Attending to our bodies and practicing meridian stretching helps to make room for what is called “Ki” (or “Qi) to flow through all our channels and bodies.
Together, the group setting also provides support for safer experiencing and processing of the grief that may be present.
A four-part workshop integrates different ways you can attend to sensations and feelings:
- Meridian Stretches from the Zen Shiatsu Lineage of Shizuto Masunaga
- An Opportunity for You to Share and Be Heard by an Experienced Practitioner
- A Weekly Forum to Connect with Others with a Compassion-Centered Accepting Experience
Let’s learn together. Let’s practice together.
Let’s integrate together and attend to sensations without focusing on the feelings all the time.
- We will stretch to open our meridians and take a break from thinking
- We will hold space and be available for your grief to be heard and held in a compassionate presence
- We will learn and new skills for self-care collection to support the body coping with difficult emotions
You will also receive notes each week on the stretches we are doing to support ongoing practice and to share as you wish.
Workshop Series Fee:
- $80 for all 4 weeks + HST
- 50% off with GRIEF50 Promo Code, if you are currently experiencing loss of income
- There are 5 free spots are available
Lamia Gibson is a Shiatsu therapist and Registered Acupuncturist who works at Aurum Medicine & Wellness Clinic in Toronto. Lamia offers Acupuncture, Shiatsu massage and Food Medicine consults to everyday people who are stressed or in pain, and believes we all deserve to have non-judgemental, high-quality health care that is effective, informative and empowering.
Learn more about Lamia Gibson, R.Ac and Shiatsu Therapist at this link here.
Did you miss out on a live event?
Check out our blog for videos, resources and event recaps.
See a Listing of Past Events that were not recorded.