Hello there! My name is Michelle and I am a Registered Psychotherapist providing virtual psychotherapy services to adults across Ontario.
As your therapist, I will:
- Take a warm, compassionate, and strengths-based approach to therapy
- Listen with empathy and non-judgement
- Meet you where you are right now
- Honour and trust your self-determination, personal strengths, and autonomy
- Explore your emotions and experiences with you in a safe way, at your own pace
I can help you:
- Manage and regulate heavy emotions and thoughts (shame, self-criticism, not feeling “good enough”, fear, worries for the future, hopelessness, feeling “stuck”)
- Cope with anxiety, depression, stress, relationship issues, trauma, and grief/loss
- Achieve balance and address perfectionism in arts, athletics, career, or academics
- Understand the impact of trauma, structural violence, and chronic stress on the brain and our behavioural responses
- Navigate the challenges that can come along with being a human in our world, while embracing the full spectrum of human emotion
- Learn strategies and skills that will empower you to make positive changes and move forward in the direction of what is most important to you
More about my therapy approach:
- In my practice, I integrate various therapy modalities, including:
- Neuroscience-based, trauma-informed, and mindfulness-based approaches
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems
- Compassion-focused Therapy
I strive to provide therapy that is culturally-informed and appreciates the intersectionality that contextualizes a person’s lived experiences. You may have experienced something completely terrifying, or continue to face chronic stress that has left you feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope. This might be related to harmful social structures, such as disparities across race, sex, gender, health, and socioeconomic status.
You may be feeling so anxious that you end up avoiding things that are important to you. You may be feeling stuck and unsure about how to move forward. The weight of all of this can be too much. As your therapist, I will do my best to carry this weight together with you. Part of our work may involve finding the balance between acceptance and change.
I can help you dive deep into the meaningful parts of your life experiences, or I can help you to manage the present day and look towards the future with hope. We can do a bit of both. We will work together to find the right approach for you.
Finding the right fit in therapy is so important. If you think we might be a good fit, we can set up a time to chat together soon. I look forward to meeting you.
More about me:
I love to go on nature and city walks, especially when it involves finding new cozy coffee shops. I am passionate about writing and reading poetry, and occasionally perform spoken word. For me, movement is vital for wellness. I have practiced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai kickboxing, competitive dance, yoga, Animal Flow, and weightlifting.
Michelle is a Registered Psychotherapist and a member in good standing with the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario (registration # 009691). Michelle has a Masters in Counselling Psychology (MA) from Western University.