Intravenous (IV) Micronutrient Therapy
Intravenous (IV) nutrient therapy is when an infusion of vitamins or micronutrients is delivered directly into your blood stream, bypassing the digestive system and bypassing the liver, allowing high concentrations of nutrients to rapidly reach and be absorbed into the cells of the body.
Micronutrients are vitamins, minerals and amino acids, which are necessary for function and metabolism in our body. Without optimal levels of micronutrients, we can experience symptoms such as chronic fatigue, chronic pain, muscle cramps, chronic headaches, anxiety, depression, chronic inflammation and poor immune function, slow metabolism, PMS symptoms
Many individuals may not receive enough nutrients for various reasons. There may be:
- A lack of nutrients bioavailable from the diet:
– diets high in processed foods are high in calories and notoriously low in nutrients
– the soil much food is grown in may be deplete of nutrients
– an individual may have reduced or poor absorption of nutrients from the food even though it enters the digestive or gastrointestinal tract (“gut”)
- A higher demand of nutrients is required due to lifestyle:
This may be the case in individuals with a high stressors in their lives, or in high performance competitive or even recreational athletes.
- A relative nutrient depletion or increased requirement of nutrients due to a certain condition:
Examples of these conditions could include taking birth control or oral contraceptive medications and other pharmaceutical medications that may require certain nutrients for the metabolism of those medications, and also in the case of chronic infections of viruses, fungi and parasites for example.
IV nutrient therapy may support you if your health concerns include:
- Low Energy, Fatigue & Adrenal conditions
- Migraines and Chronic Headaches
- Long Muscle Recovery Times
- Improving Detox and Depurification Processes
- Chronic Pain Conditions, Fibromyalgia/ME, and Chronic Fatigue
- Immune Support
- Adjunctive cancer care & Post radiation support
- Chronic infections including chronic Lyme disease
Intramuscular (IM) Therapy
Intramuscular (IM) vitamin therapy is suitable for folks who want a muscular injection that bypasses the blood stream for certain vitamins.
This can support people with low blood levels of certain nutrients.
Common injectables include:
- Vitamin B12 – methylcobalamin or hydroxycobalmin forms
- Vitamin D – for immune support and in cases of chronic deficiency or chronic disease i.e. Kidney disease
IM Vitamin therapy is also suitable for some pain treatments, combining traditional Chinese medicine meridian theory for point location with micronutrient therapy for muscle relaxation.
Our Injection Therapy Lounge
Our Intravenous IV Vitamin Lounge at Aurum Medicine and Wellness Clinic is fully certified and registered premises where we are able to safely provide intravenous and injection therapies. These injectables are all individually compounded in our state-of-the-art laminar flow hood according to regulatory standards. Our guests relax and recline in zero-gravity chairs with music and with reading material while being monitored by our staff and Naturopathic Doctors for the duration of their treatment.
We currently practice physical distancing with wall dividers between our chairs in our group treatment space.
If you’re interested in learning more about Injection Therapy, book a Free Meet & Greet consult to learn more. Injection therapy is currently provided by-appointment only.