Hi, I’m Victoria! I am a Registered Dietitian in Toronto having graduated from Brescia University College.
I spent a lot of time in my internship in the clinical sphere (cancer & surgery), which has provided great insight on the healthcare side of things, however it was very much focused on treatment versus prevention. I felt there was limited opportunity to make a lasting difference in my patients and found myself wanting to do more.
During my nutrition education, I realized that I was not giving my body the nutrition that it needs. Hormone imbalance, PMS, missed periods, gut issues and acne were just some of the signs my body was trying to send me. I understood the role of nutrition played on the body, but I also had to dig deeper. I began taking a more holistic and functional look at what was going on with my body.
My goal as a Dietitian:
- To empower clients to understand their unique nutrition needs & provide tools to meet them
- Educate clients on how to use food for healing & nourishment
- Optimize health outcomes, increase client self-efficacy and confidence around food
- Women’s health: Healthy weight, Sports nutrition
- Hormone health: PCOS, PMS, Acne, Endometriosis, Post-pill nutrition, Menopause, Fertility
- Digestive health: IBS, IBD, Leaky Gut, GERD, Constipation, Diarrhea
- Therapeutic Diets: Food allergies, Gluten-free, Paleo, Keto, Animal-based, Optimizing vegan/vegetarian diets
- Functional Nutrition: I offer Nutrigenomix Testing to help clients identify risk factors for deficiencies such as B12, Iron deficiency as well as nutrient-gene interactions that impact fertility, sports performance and more. Read more on my blog post about How Genes Can Impact Your Nutrition.
What I Offer:
- Free 15 Minute Consultation
- 30, 45, or 60 minute Follow-Ups
- Take-Home Nutrition Education & Resources
- Customized Meal Planning
- Supplement Suggestions
- Healthy Recipes
- Nutrigenomix Testing
My philosophy is rooted in understanding and educating people on innate, built-in systems that impact human health (digestion, gut health, blood sugar, hormones, etc.) and the critical role that nutrition plays.
I believe in a holistic approach to health through combining current research and traditional, cultural foodways that have served us for thousands of years. Combining the two is what I love to do!
Looking forward to seeing you in my practice soon!
Victoria Friscioni RD, MScFN